The Shoulder: A One Day Seminar
Length: 8 hours
Purpose: The PNMT Shoulder seminar focuses on assessment and treatment of the complex relationships of the muscles that affect scapula and the humeral movement. Using careful range of motion measurements, participants not only learn hands-on techniques but will learn to evaluate the efficacy by precise re-evaluation. PNMT treatment techniques are flexible in nature, highly targeted, effective and very efficient.
To explore and treat effectively the muscles surrounding the glenohumeral joint. Participants will learn the arthrokinematics of the joint and discover how muscular influences can disrupt normal joint function. Using careful measurements of joint range of motion, participants not only learn hands-on techniques but will learn to evaluate the efficacy by precise re-evaluation. We will also clarify red flags for treatment.
- Participants will learn to measure humeral motions of forward flexion, abduction and internal external rotation.
- Participants will learn the different scapular motions and how they relate to humeral mobility.
- Participants will learn to treat muscles that restrict various humeral ROM’s
- Participants will learn to use orthopedic testing to discover red flags for treatments.
- Participants will learn to assess involved muscles using resistive testing.
- Participants will learn to use passive ROM to reveal possible intrajoint issues.
- Participants will learn how muscles play into various shoulder pathologies such as impingement syndrome, Frozen Shoulder Syndrome, and Bursitis.
Timeline for the PNMT Shoulder Seminar
9:00 to 9:30 Welcome and introduction to PNMT
9:30 to 10:00 Scapular Movements and Measurement of Humeral ROM
10:00 to 10:15 Break
10:15 to 11:00 Lecture / demo / trade on the muscles of that create and restrict forward flexion- Latissimus and Long head of bicep
11:00 to 11:45 Lecture / demo / trade on the muscles of that create Abduction- Deltoid and Serratus Anterior
11:45 to 12:30 Review of various shoulder pathologies
12:30 to 1:30 Lunch
1:30 to 2:15 Supraspinatus assessment, orthopedic testing, and treatment. Lecture, demo, and trade
2:15 to 3:15 Humeral external rotation segment Lecture, demo, and trade
on the anatomy of the infraspinatus and teres minor
3:15 to 3:30 Break
3:30 to 4:45 Humeral internal rotation segment Lecture, demo, and trade
on the anatomy of the Subscapularis and Teres Major
4:45 to 5:00 Break
5:00 to 5:30 Case Studies and Clinical applications
5:30 to 6:00 Testing
The PNMT Shoulder Seminar is both lecture and demonstration / hands-on. While we are conveying lots of information in a relatively short time, the environment is as interactive as possible. We use computer graphics and Powerpoint to convey ideas, movies of real clients to underscore clinical relevance. Hands-on demonstrations are done with video cameras so that everyone can see.
Our main emphasis is clinical relevance- what we teach is going to have practical applications in the clinic.