The PNMT certification process is not a series of hoops to surmount, but a commitment to personal learning. In order to be certified as a Precision Neuromuscular Therapist, the prospective student must successfully complete:
* A written examination over the core course material. Certification means that you demonstrate proficiency and competency over material in the Core Series Seminars. (The seminars may be taken as a weekend or in the one day format) This exam is geared toward the anatomy and reasons to treat any particular muscle. You must also be aware of any contraindications to performing the work. (The cost for the written/practical exam is $35 per seminar)
* A practical exam over the core course material. We will pick about five routines for you to demonstrate to the tester. You would explain what you are treating, why you are treating this area, and then demonstrate the techniques. During this phase the tester may show you new advances or point out ways to do the work even better. Your testing is also a learning experience.
* Completion of the PNMT Research Literacy Home Study Course. This course is a home study course that is available online at nmtmidwest.com Cost: $50
* Completion of one case study. This is simply writing up your experience with one client: What you did, why, the outcomes, and what you learned in the process. We are here to help you through this process. All the case studies will be posted to nmtmidwest.com so that we all can benefit from the experience.
Want help with your case study or need it to be reviewed? Please email PNMT Instructor Stacey Kilps- firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should I Invest My Time and Energy to Become Certified?
Over the years, I have paid close attention to this process. The most important reason I can share with you is what it will do for your skill level, confidence, and the vitality of your practice. If you are looking solely for a piece of paper, it is the wrong motivation. As practitioners, we succeed only by what we can accomplish with our hands. In addition, we must have the clinical reasoning skills and ability to communicate with our clients and our peers. The PNMT certification process is meant to empower you not only with the confidence you need to succeed, but the skills to back it up.
- Certified PNMT practitioners review level one classes at no charge
- Certified practitioners are listed on this website
- Only certified therapists will be able to take the level two and internship program
- Discounts on products offered by NMT MidWest, Inc.
To take one written and practical test (per seminar): $35
To take two tests (the written and practical over two seminars): $70
Note: We do not allow anyone to test over a seminar immediately after completing the class for the first time. Testing is not a measure of your ability to memorize; it is a measure of your ability to absorb and integrate PNMT into your practice.
Listing of Qualified Examiners:
If you do not see an Examiner in your area, testing can also be arranged in a distance format. If you want to test, we can make that happen for you.
- Stacey Kilps (Phoenix) email@example.com
- Christine Erickson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Douglas Nelson 866-325-7668 email@example.com
- Michael Davin (Springfield) firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Fluecke (Chicago) email@example.com
- Sarah Lashley (Evanston) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Meyer (Champaign) email@example.com
- Manisha Peterson (Muncie) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Maddox email@example.com
- Christopher Sovereign (Santa Fe) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan Kiener (Cincinnati) email@example.com
- Julie Nichols (Cincinnati) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurel Finch (Springfield) email@example.com
- Sherry Allan (Canton) firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Ivaska