The Foundations of PNMT
Precision Neuromuscular Therapy (PNMT) is the creation of Douglas Nelson, a licensed Massage Therapist who has been in practice since 1977. What makes PNMT special is the way it approaches soft-tissue therapy. More than a technique or modality, PNMT is really a way of thinking, applying clinical reasoning in soft-tissue therapy.
Three broad principles apply to PNMT:
* PNMT is deductive. For every symptom a client may present, there are multiple possible causes. How can you get to the most likely source as efficiently as possible? That is what we concentrate on.
* PNMT is science based, not philosophically based. We have conducted many clinical research studies relevant to the work and are always combing the literature to find more.
* PNMT is client based. Since the causes for every symptom can be different, each client should get a session created exactly for them, rather than a routine or recipe. There is no shoulder routine, low back routine, or set of specific tests you do for every person who walks in your door (one size fits nobody). Yes, it is harder to learn at first, but most therapists have had enough of routines that just don't work (plus, they are boring to client and therapist alike).
Why Should you Attend a PNMT Workshop and Train with Our Instructors?
All of our instructors are accomplished therapists and not just teachers who talk about what they've read or heard someone else say. They've all made it in this industry and know what it takes to succeed. We insist that our instructors are the best trained and the most dedicated in the profession to providing exceptional educational experiences to our students. Our mission and purpose to better help you help more people and in so doing, improve your business, income and job satisfaction.
Making great clinical decisions.
In PNMT, our mission is to help you make efficient and effective decisions in the course of your treatments. Stellar results are the product of treating the right muscle, for the right reason, at the right time, and in the right frequency. In PNMT, we don't just teach you how, we teach you why.
PNMT and Athletics
We have a long history of our PNMT Therapists working with Professional and Non-Professional Athletic Organizations such as:
* River Dance performance group
* Super Bowl Champion St. Louis Rams
* NBA Championship Chicago Bulls
* Division (1A) University of Illinois Basketball and Football teams
Countless other High School and College Level Athletes
Benefits to Attending a PNMT workshop
Here at PNMT, we are here to support you during your in person seminar experience and afterwards. After attending one of our seminars you will be allowed access to a private face book forum with other attendees and managed by our dedicated instructors. You will have access to important research papers, videos and case study discussions. We want to insure that your learning continues long after you leave a course and your journey of becoming a more effective, efficient and successful therapist is helped along in any way we can.
Is PNMT for Everyone?
Realistically, no. PNMT is centered on problem-solving, which is challenging and requires a much greater skill set from the therapist. First, you learn to be flexible in your treatment approach. You learn to consider multiple treatment options, exploring each until the correct one is clear. This will also require some study and discipline to know what those possible avenues of treatment are.
In essence, the rewards are great, but so are the demands. If you are ready for the journey, we are there to guide you along the way.